Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
 
Author Topic: K.McHale vs. GMs in general  (Read 3775 times)
Proffa
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23

Respect: 0

WWW
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:45:51 am »
0

Afeter reading all these minny-discussions and seeing the hate towards KMcH I started to think "what is HE thinking"?! I have been reading articles on GMs like Colangelo and Harris during past few years and I think it's crystal clear that they do have an actual plan on how to develop their current teams into conteders. Colangelo and Raps are prime example of it.

But no matter how many possible scenarios I invent no one matches to KMcHs decisions. First you have Sam and Spree and as soon as it doesn't  result in a ring you get Jaric and now Foye and James. At times we have had no centers at all(meaning ones that could bounce the ball or even  shoot it). And drafts (not including this years) are flying by like birds and pooping on minny on their way to someplace else. And these are just examples! The point is that McHale is doing roster changes so much that chemistry and the will to go to war can well be completely forgotten. Thank heavens for KG.

If someone has any idea what's this guy doing I'd be more than intrested to know Cheesy to me it appears that women are easy to figure out when comparing to Hales acts  :roll:
Logged

And the winner of the fastest running mouth and endless trash talking for the 15th consecutive time...SAM CASSEL! Dude has got to start coaching after he retires, just think of the show he would put on at sidelines.
GoWolves
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 167

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:04:29 am »
0

The plan is that there is no plan. The plan is to keep KG and put crap around him and sign bad players to big contracts. Can you tell me how we give Troy Hudsen, Marko Jaric bigger contracts then Mike James? Thank Got he signed with us.

I though of this and my head almost exploded;

We basically traded Wally, Sam Cassell, 2 number 1 picks for Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marco Jaric and a couple second rounders.

How, how how how can he do this. Not to mention the first round picks in the past (will avery, grant, ebi). It is sickening, and frustrating how he still has a job.
Logged

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
Proffa
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23

Respect: 0

WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:19:08 pm »
0

Quote from: "GoWolves"
How, how how how can he do this. Not to mention the first round picks in the past (will avery, grant, ebi). It is sickening, and frustrating how he still has a job.


Couldn't agree with you more, I would also say that cutting Ebi and afterwards keeping Reed was even dumber than drafting Ebi as he came out of high school. As far as I knew he was doing fine and 2 more years could have made him this years Charlie Villanueva without 3pt. shot.  :roll: But now I'm going a bit off topic... Cheesy
Logged

And the winner of the fastest running mouth and endless trash talking for the 15th consecutive time...SAM CASSEL! Dude has got to start coaching after he retires, just think of the show he would put on at sidelines.
GoWolves
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 167

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:32:30 pm »
0

Going off topid and what-ifs is the only way to stay somewhat sane and still be a huge Timberwolves fan.
Logged

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 435


Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:13:58 pm »
0

Quote from: "GoWolves"
The plan is that there is no plan. The plan is to keep KG and put crap around him and sign bad players to big contracts. Can you tell me how we give Troy Hudsen, Marko Jaric bigger contracts then Mike James? Thank Got he signed with us.

I though of this and my head almost exploded;

We basically traded Wally, Sam Cassell, 2 number 1 picks for Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Justin Reed, Marco Jaric and a couple second rounders.

How, how how how can he do this. Not to mention the first round picks in the past (will avery, grant, ebi). It is sickening, and frustrating how he still has a job.


Thank God I don't care too much about TimberWolves, my head would explode too. There is not much that Wolves could of done this season. As long as KG is happy thats the most important thing I guess. I think he'll like a guy that wants to score more then him(Mike James).
Logged

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant


shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
GoWolves
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 167

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 06:36:48 am »
0

Very true, the best he could do is nothing this offseason. But he better get some expiring contract throughout the year.
Logged

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
3sixD
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 695


Respect: 0

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 03:07:22 pm »
0

McHale wouldnt be a GM if not for having KG.
Logged

Proffa
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 23

Respect: 0

WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:47:35 am »
0

Quote from: "3sixD"
McHale wouldnt be a GM if not for having KG.

Sadly it'd true. KG is Wolves gift and curse in that way...
Logged

And the winner of the fastest running mouth and endless trash talking for the 15th consecutive time...SAM CASSEL! Dude has got to start coaching after he retires, just think of the show he would put on at sidelines.
Halfdan The Black
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 285

Respect: 0

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 01:35:56 am »
0

He's not the worst GM.  He should be, but Isiah Thomas, Danny Ainge and Chris Mullin somehow still have jobs, allowing a shitty GM like McHale to actually have rank ahead of others.  I will never understand how any franchise in a professional world would or could allow guys such as the four mentioned to continue to ruin their teams.  These guys suck so bad that I think their hall of fame possibilities earned as players should be taken away in lieu of their HORRIBLE performance as general managers.
Logged
kobeaki
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 399

Respect: 0

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 05:00:35 pm »
0

Quote from: "Halfdan The Black"
He's not the worst GM.  He should be, but Isiah Thomas, Danny Ainge and Chris Mullin somehow still have jobs, allowing a shitty GM like McHale to actually have rank ahead of others.  I will never understand how any franchise in a professional world would or could allow guys such as the four mentioned to continue to ruin their teams.  These guys suck so bad that I think their hall of fame possibilities earned as players should be taken away in lieu of their HORRIBLE performance as general managers.



those stiffs make mitch kupchak look good...............
Logged
Halfdan The Black
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 285

Respect: 0

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 09:51:50 am »
0

I feel McHale just dropped from 1st among GM incompatence to 4th.  He was tied with Danny Ainge and Isiah Thomas, but they were awful once again, and even Chris Mullin exceeded this offseason in stupidity.

Minnesota, for the first time in a long while, actually made moves I agree with this summer.  Specifically Foye and Mike James.  I still think McHale sucks and should be fired.  Bird isn't much of a GM either.  The 80's Celtics produced 3 current General Managers that range from *** poor to downright AWFUL.  Oh yeah, wasn't Jim Paxon a bad GM too?  The moral:  Do not hire a white player from the Celtics to run your team.
Logged
GoWolves
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 167

Respect: 0

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 08:48:54 am »
0

It is amazing that when you continually to be this bad of a GM that you have a job. Where else in the world would this happen.

McHale has 1 ok year for every 5 bad. And his ok years come because there isn't any option to screw up. I mean, we ended up having to pick Foye or Roy? Both are going to be good, and nobody else was there to pick. Same with James, wasn't that hard to sign him.

He can do one thing well, develope big men. That should be the extent of his position with the Wolves.
Logged

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
Mavsguru
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 989

Respect: 0

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 07:58:55 pm »
0

Quote from: "Proffa"
Afeter reading all these minny-discussions and seeing the hate towards KMcH I started to think "what is HE thinking"?! I have been reading articles on GMs like Colangelo and Harris during past few years and I think it's crystal clear that they do have an actual plan on how to develop their current teams into conteders. Colangelo and Raps are prime example of it.

But no matter how many possible scenarios I invent no one matches to KMcHs decisions. First you have Sam and Spree and as soon as it doesn't  result in a ring you get Jaric and now Foye and James. At times we have had no centers at all(meaning ones that could bounce the ball or even  shoot it). And drafts (not including this years) are flying by like birds and pooping on minny on their way to someplace else. And these are just examples! The point is that McHale is doing roster changes so much that chemistry and the will to go to war can well be completely forgotten. Thank heavens for KG.

If someone has any idea what's this guy doing I'd be more than intrested to know Cheesy to me it appears that women are easy to figure out when comparing to Hales acts  :roll:


He's so fixed into the Minnesotta baskeball scene that nobody wants to fire him.  The good news is that Fred Hoiberg is rumoured to step in at the end of the season, but I don't know if McHale will still be in the front office or how much pull he'll have.  I think he's been one of the worst GM's in NBA history, 2nd only to the evil Rick Sund/Norm Sonju team that ran the Dallas Mavericks.
Logged
k_garnett21
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 80


Respect: 0

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:21 am »
0

Don't forget he drafted KG
Logged

Mavsguru
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 989

Respect: 0

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 02:06:37 am »
0

There are GM's who have created teams as bad as McHale's, but none who additionally created a deficit via bad contracts and missing future draft picks.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: