Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garnett Trade Options  (Read 10297 times)
GoWolves
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 08:04:58 am »

Not enough, basically we get Frye and Q for KG. Forget about the expiring contract (even though its nice). Q is not worth what he is getting paid and he would have that contract for the next 3 years.

Frye is good, and with that expiring contract it would help, but we would need one more good player (young) a draft pick, and instead of getting hassell unload Jaric. Then maybe it would happen.

Your plan is not enough for the timberwolves. Just think about them playing. Who would you rather have, Garnett and Hassell playing with Frye, Mike James and Blount or Frye, Blount, Q, Frye and James.

That second team would suck.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
skip
Undrafted

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 09:54:33 am »

Quote from: "GoWolves"
Not enough, basically we get Frye and Q for KG. Forget about the expiring contract (even though its nice). Q is not worth what he is getting paid and he would have that contract for the next 3 years.

Frye is good, and with that expiring contract it would help, but we would need one more good player (young) a draft pick, and instead of getting hassell unload Jaric. Then maybe it would happen.

Your plan is not enough for the timberwolves. Just think about them playing. Who would you rather have, Garnett and Hassell playing with Frye, Mike James and Blount or Frye, Blount, Q, Frye and James.

That second team would suck.

You make some valid points but...

There comes a time when trades have to be made and this is one of
those moments.

Let's face the facts...Minnesota Timberwolves will not win the
championship this year...with or without Garnett.  So let's salvage
what's left and rebuild now to be competitive next year.  General
Managers normally build for the future even though the present looks
bleek.

The expiring contract is KEY.  Jalen's salary can allow them to sign two really good players.  
There's a nice free agent pool in 2007 and
2008.  There's no guarantee Garnett won't opt out.  However, realistically, I
can't see him opting out of $44m over two years.

Considering the debacle (the consecutive lost picks because of the Joe Smith "under the table deal")
McHale has done with GM-ing the Timberwolves, this is the fastest way to rebuild.  

"Worth" is subjective.  Nevertheless, Quentin's salary will be
easier to move than Kevin's.  

Regarding the lineup...Garnett will not be playing with Frye.  Frye will be the sweetner in a package
to get Garnett.  Minnesota doesn't have
anything else the Knicks would want to earn Frye in a trade.  In addition,
regardless of the line up, the results will be the same.
GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 03:10:34 pm »

Excuse me, I didn't type that correctly with the lineups.

I understand the expiring contracts and with McHale killing us, there is limited options.

But when it comes to moving contracts, the Wolves would have absolutely no trouble finding a team that wants KG. Lets be serious, any team could come up with a scenario to get him. So that is why I dont think Frye, Q, and expiring contract would do it. The wolves would need another young player who you know is going to be good.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:52 pm »

i don't see trading garnett that much of a need anymore, they just got randy foye and mike james, and mccants will be coming back as well, they will be pretty good, if you wanna trade, trade marko jaric who is so highly overrated

saleem
Starter

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 08:14:23 pm »

Problem is that Jaric and Hudson both have so many years left on their contracts that nobody wants them.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:51:21 pm »

Quote from: "saleem"
Problem is that Jaric and Hudson both have so many years left on their contracts that nobody wants them.

true but if mchale bugs isiah long enough then he'll eventually trade with them, they better hurry up before he gets fired, lol

NYK_4Evaaa
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 02:46:56 am »

Dont' Give FRYEEE ORR NATEE  Mr.Thomas...you get trade any player but donnt  give young players if you gonna get KG .. Sad
B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 05:12:30 pm »

I'm from New York, and even though lossing Frye is tough, I'm willing to it for KG. New York, basically becomes contenders with Marbury and Francis in the backcourt and KG and Curry in the frontcourt ( can you say scary)

Minnestoa gets a Young Promising Kid with to build around with Foye, and since the team will proably bomb (you could get Oden), if that whole first round suspesion thing is done
saleem
Starter

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:34:23 am »

There is no guarantee that you get Oden. You would have to wait until the lottery to find out and by then Jalen's contract is up and you cant make the trade.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 12:49:31 am »

IMHO Best trade is now:

Tyrus Thomas
Luol Deng
P. Brown
1st rounder

Before the Timberwolves got Foye and James I would have substituted Ben Gordon for TT. Now they don't need him. But this trade is fair to both teams. Twolves get production now(Deng) and in the future(Tyrus + pick). They get salary cap relief, and they trade KG to the east. Bulls get a championship. After the trade the wolves have to concentrate on getting clear of all of the backcourt players that have undesirable contracts. (more likely the wolves place one of these guys in the KG deal as the bitter price to pay. But if I'm Chicago, I take it for the ring.)

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 01:48:45 pm »

OKAY...

Jermaine Oneal
Al Harrington
Rawle Marshall
Josh Powell

For

Garnett
First Round Pick in 2007

Boom Baby!!!!
saleem
Starter

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 12:36:25 am »

Quote from: "olsons3"
OKAY...

Jermaine Oneal
Al Harrington
Rawle Marshall
Josh Powell

For

Garnett
First Round Pick in 2007
That trade doesn't work for a few reasons. Like salary cap. KG + pick 22mil. Your Pacers = 27mil. And why would the Pacers trade away Jermaine(youth) for KG? (Don't get me wrong I think that KG is a better player, but so much so that you throw in Harrington? No.) Pacers are actually set up to do well as currently constructed. They really only need a consistent Tinsley and a complimentary big man.

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 12:16:44 pm »

Quote from: "saleem"
Quote from: "olsons3"
OKAY...

Jermaine Oneal
Al Harrington
Rawle Marshall
Josh Powell

For

Garnett
First Round Pick in 2007
That trade doesn't work for a few reasons. Like salary cap. KG + pick 22mil. Your Pacers = 27mil. And why would the Pacers trade away Jermaine(youth) for KG? (Don't get me wrong I think that KG is a better player, but so much so that you throw in Harrington? No.) Pacers are actually set up to do well as currently constructed. They really only need a consistent Tinsley and a complimentary big man.

If we take Marko Jaric, it will make the money work.

KG is a leader.  Indiana needs a leader.  

Minnesota gets a good frontcourt and some upside youth.  

I think the change would be good for everyone involved.

As for Al, I think it wasn't a good deal for Indy.  If you want Tinsley, we'll give him to you for a second rounder and some used ball racks.  We can always use the ball racks.

Boom Baby!!!!
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 12:27:35 am »

damn, you indiana fans don't like tinsley do you?lol

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 02:52:30 pm »

Good Player, but a point guard can't be a leader from the InActive List.  Teams rarely find a good chemistry using a random "point guard generator".

He would be the best backup PG in the NBA, but you need a starting PG who will be there for 70+ games.  

Naming Tinsley the starter is like saying we are starting our best lineup for 40 games, and playing it by ear the rest of the year.

Boom Baby!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: