Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garnett Trade Options  (Read 10300 times)
saleem
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 08:39:23 pm »

Getting Harrington back for Peja's trade exception is giving a Mulligan to him and the Pacers. In essence they traded him for Artest. It makes them undersized but in the east I think they get awat with it because of their athleticism. You have a legitimate gripe about Tinsley being injured, but injuries are a part of the game.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 03:37:27 pm »

exactly, he is effective when playing and thats all that matters

like mentioned above,injuries happen

olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2006, 10:07:46 am »

I am a big Pacers fan, and a big KG fan.  Why not combine the two?  The Pacer fans would love KG.  He is a true leader, and plays with alot of heart.

Boom Baby!!!!
saleem
Starter

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 04:19:31 pm »

But olsons3, he's still older than J.O. and do you think he's that much better? If Minnesota were to be offered that trade straight up....they have to take it.

pistoL
Undrafted

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »

If you guys really wanna write down serious trade offers, make sure first atleast they fit salary wise

OTRFORUMS.com
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 07:29:07 am »

So you are saying the Tinsley for a second rounder and used ball racks doesn't meet the current trade salary rules???  

The trade before that wasn't specifics to be submitted to league officials.  It was a general idea, that would need to be padded one way or another to get the league blessing.

In all actuallity, the trade would be cut down because of restrictions placed on trading Harrington.  He has to stay in Indy through Dec 15.

Boom Baby!!!!
todaloop
Starter

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2006, 08:59:30 am »

KG is unhappy because he doesn't have a ring.  Well, boo hoo.

If KG wasn't so greedy, they could afford to put a better team around him.

So come on Garnett, give some of that loot back to the team, get out of town or stop whining.

This bus goes beep, beep
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 10:24:24 pm »

You're an IDIOT!!!!

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 12:04:47 am »

Quote from: "JMitch10"
You're an IDIOT!!!!

truly, has no idea what the hell he is talking about

saleem
Starter

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 04:32:15 am »

Quote from: "todaloop"
KG is unhappy because he doesn't have a ring.  Well, boo hoo.

If KG wasn't so greedy, they could afford to put a better team around him.

So come on Garnett, give some of that loot back to the team, get out of town or stop whining.
:?:  :?:  So KG should be happy to lose in Minnesota? Greed? What's greedy? Garnett signed a max contract and is one of the few players who actually have put up the numbers to earn it. KG is an outstanding Bball player with a great work ethic. He has carried the franchise on his back since his arrival. It wasn't him that told McHale to do a secret deal with Joe Smith that backfired and crippled the organization. It wasn't him that traded away Cassell. Are you even aware of what's been going on in Minnesota? KG has earned the right to voice his opinion.  Cool

:arrow: And by the way (as most know) NBA players can't give money back to their teams. It's against the rules of the cba. Duh.

05mzwach
Undrafted

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 11:19:06 pm »

Minnesota needs another 1st round pick, a decent SF, PF or C included in this deal. Which team has these things?  I don't know, but make the trade during the draft.  Money isn't an issue that way I believe.  The wolves are making the playoffs anyway though.  Garnett won't leave.

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin.
Freaky Deaky
Journeyman

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 02:26:25 pm »

He has a ton of value, but the problem is that if they go into rebuild mode and trade him, idiot McHale has pissed away two of the next 3 1st round picks for the Wolves.  If I were in charge, I'd give them their best chance by trading the other pick and the 2nds away with as little else as I could to Philly for AI.  At least AI + Garnett would alone keep them in contention the next 4 or so years while their debts get paid off.  Then they can rebuild.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 06:28:18 am »

did the salries even match?best bet is for kg to go to LA

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
saleem
Starter

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2006, 02:26:26 am »

This is really becoming crunch time for the KG situation. If Minnesota doesn't move him prior to the deadline, then I don't see them getting a fair offer in the offseason. The longer it drags the more possible an opt out could occur becomes.  My trade proposal (see earlier post in this thread) is still the best one they can hope for IMHO.

SunsRock101
Star

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2006, 02:44:57 am »

Marcus Banks, and both of our first rounders this year. Atl's as well(Top 3 protected but unprotected next year).

I don't listen to critics. So you can keep doubting me, but I don't hear you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: