Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garnett Trade Options  (Read 10298 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2007, 03:43:28 am »

Quote from: "SunsRock101"
Marcus Banks, and both of our first rounders this year. Atl's as well(Top 3 protected but unprotected next year).

for kg? lol no, why would the wolves want another pg

born2behated
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 12:58:57 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
Quote from: "SunsRock101"
Marcus Banks, and both of our first rounders this year. Atl's as well(Top 3 protected but unprotected next year).

for kg? lol no, why would the wolves want another pg

I know don't make no sense

bballinyao06

wolverine30
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2007, 02:59:49 am »

is garnett still worth it?theres too many young stars in the league now who can make more difference. howard, stoudemire, boozer, curry, oden will arrive next year.is he still worth three young promising players and two consecutive first round picks at age 31 3/4?not.

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
is garnett still worth it?theres too many young stars in the league now who can make more difference. howard, stoudemire, boozer, curry, oden will arrive next year.is he still worth three young promising players and two consecutive first round picks at age 31 3/4?not.

KG is far better than all of them (despite thta ithink howard could be near him ni the future)and i would do it.They want him in all the teams.His opinion wll have a lot of weight like in the AI trade so it depends where he wants to play and if he wants a ring or not.He isnt gone be better or worse for having it so ........
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »

Obviously Garnett is still worth it, he's only 30, and what do you mean 31 3/4, he was born in May of 1976 meaning he hasn't hit 31 yet lol, so that was random,  and is far better then any of those guys you listed. Garnett is a Hall of Fame power forward and I don't see why you wouldn't take a trade for him.

Soon....
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 11:38:57 pm »

oops 30 3/4.but  giving up 3 guys  who are the building blocks of a franchise is not worth it.like some reports that chicago will be giving up deng, thomas and gordon and first-round picks.i dont think its worth it

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 09:40:53 am »

oops 30 3/4.but  giving up 3 guys  who are the building blocks of a franchise is not worth it.like some reports that chicago will be giving up deng, thomas and gordon and first-round picks.i dont think its worth it

chicago would never give deng And gordon one of them yes sure but not both
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 10:42:49 pm »

I sympathize with Minnesotta's situation, but not with McHale.  He made his bed, now he must sleep in it, but if you just took over the Wolves, what could you do?  They are truly in a fix!  I see 2 directions to try and worm their way out of the predicament McHale's lousy GM work has created.  

1.) Rebuild.  The obvious, most mentioned idea, trade Kevin Garnett.  He has a lot of value obviously, but not many other vets on the team are tradeable.  In trading KG, the problem created is that whether players or picks, without their 2007 and 2009 1st round picks, the wealth wouldn't give them an advantage in the future so much as make up for their current disadvantage.  They'd be starting over with an average amount of picks/youth, and a cluster of bad contracts(Jaric, Blount, etc).  

2.) Reload.  The lack of upcoming 1st round picks, plus their salary commitments, along with having KG, leads one towards reloading their talent for another push behind Garnett.  The problem here is that they haven't the cap room available to go to work, plus they have those hard to move guys with inflated contracts.  And the ultimate problem is that going this direction leads to almost certain rebuilding 4 to 5 years down the road so delaying this is only right if they can make things right.  

I'd go with option 2 with two primary ideas.  One, trade Randy Foye and a bad contract for a good veteran.  I'm unconvinced Foye will be great, but he clearly has the potential and I would use that and his high value now, gambling on him not being as valuable later as he is now.  I'd also look to work with other teams hampered by bad contracts.  Names of unwanted players like Steve Francis come to mind as guys that might be obtainable for the Wolves own problem crew.
Bulls4Life
Undrafted

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 06:29:31 pm »

Quote from: "Kobe Is Awesome"
Who would be good to recieve in a trade for KG?

I think this would good for minnesota
Chicago recieves:
Kevin Garnett

Minnesota receives:
Ben Gordan
Kirk Hinrich

You are killing me, as a bulls fan for life, WE WILL NEVER!! I MEAN NEVER! give up gordon and hinrcih for KG, they are both 2 key parts in our team, this is such a crazy trade... *DIES!*  :roll:

joshlandreth20
Undrafted

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2007, 09:15:31 pm »

garnett to sac for mike bibby and brad miller ? would that work
jchc1500
Undrafted

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2007, 10:31:55 pm »

i think it was the shitest trade ever,,,,,, they already have a good PG, that's mike james and randy foye,,, good guard...like Davis, Hassell.... they need a better big guy... to replace Kevin while he is on the bench....
nclsmayer
Undrafted

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2007, 05:38:47 pm »

I say kg and Mccants for big al, sebastion telfair and bostons first round draft pick.  Idk if salary wise this would work since al and sebass have low salaries.  If timberwolves can take a third player throw in theo's expiring contract to seal the deal

coming soon
RFoye4
Undrafted

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 08:27:37 pm »

I say we keep him and make a better team surrounding him..

were close.

Kobe the Best
Starter

Respect: +4

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 05:21:46 am »

what about for Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown and future first and second round pick
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 10:24:14 am »

I'm sure that the T'Wolves would want Bynum over Brown but maybe that would work as Kwame is playing actually alright and showing a little promise in these playoffs.

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Jump to: