Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: a Big man  (Read 5341 times)
jpesos
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 09, 2007, 01:47:55 pm »

Wizards fans all across dc va and md please i need yalls help, i honestly want to know your opinion if our team has done anything significant enopught in the offseason to bolster our roster. Id like to see a few people dip like:

MIke Hall
Roger Mason
Donnel Taylor
Brendan Haywood
Etan Thomas
and a couple other goons that shouldnt be on the roster, bcos right now we need to start contending in the east...
Charlottes gonna b better
Orlando
the heat r going to be healthy....celtics knicks etc...we are a piece a way but i need yalls opinion and some info on what we need or can do
tsbarbee2006
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:08:45 pm »

wiz would never give up both Etan and Haywood dats jus dumb cuz ur not gonna find many bigs available thats better than them...

but uh i would just like to see the Wiz stand pat and see how this team pans out instead of trading away pieces or adding more and messing with the chemistry.. i figure if pechorov plays up to even half the potential eveyone says he has and everyone is healthy then this years team will be much better
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:17:45 pm »

man you guys really could've used tyson chandler or ben wallace

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
sagaliba
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:02:33 pm »

After watching Pechorov played for the first two summer league games, he is no way a "7-foot Songaila." He got pushed around easily and cannot hold his ground, nor does he has a post gmae.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »

they should go after magloire instead of stevenson

tsbarbee2006
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 02:09:54 pm »

hell no...maglore's gonna slow our game down and he dominates the ball too much..plus he's da laziest and most unmotivated sumbitch i ever seen (lol i said sumbitch, dats funny)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 02:15:40 pm »

magloire is better than haywood and thomas combined so i don't see an issue

tsbarbee2006
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:46:13 pm »

read the post i jus wrote man, dats the issue
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 09:37:52 am »

Quote from: "sagaliba"
After watching Pechorov played for the first two summer league games, he is no way a "7-foot Songaila." He got pushed around easily and cannot hold his ground, nor does he has a post gmae.

I didn't watch the last game, but his stat line looked pretty good 26 and 14.  It's going to take him awhile to get his barings with the NBA, but he's got potential.  Also from most sources I've read it looks like McGuire's going to turn into a fairly decent player.

As far as going for Magloire, he's a decent enough player and a better player than both Haywood and Thomas, but he doesn't fit the Wizards system at all or how Eddie Jordan wants the team to play on offense.  He doesn't move all that well and is really only good in a half court set (which is why he flourished to a degree with the Hornets).  But he's plodding, he doesn't look to make outlet passes, and he may be the slowest player in the league right now.  There's a good reason why the Wizards didn't go after him, just because he's better than what they have now, doesn't mean he's good for the team.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
legenderypete
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 09:55:37 am »

magloire would be just the same as thomas or haywood, the system the wiz play is moreless just guard play that why larry hughes had all-star number!!, Haywood and thomas both had better years than jamal

Jamal has got worse since he was the worst all-star ever(it true Big z was injured and the east had no other good bigs!!),  everythin has gone down hill, he rarely blocks shots now, his ft percentage has gone from 75(good for a center to low 50's(shaq level) he cant hit the jumper very good anymore, he quite lazy and cant do simple picks.

Jamal=etan=haywood= average!!! But would you want to add a 3rd turkey to 2 big turkeys anyways?? to your team?
steve
MVP

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 10:35:11 am »

I'm happy with the way Blatche is developing, a little excited about Pesh in general, and McGuire looks like he's going to be a decent enough player, so I'm hoping they move Haywood and Thomas at some this summer.  Let's just say I have faith in Grunfeld.

legenderypete
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 01:30:34 pm »

jamal has signed for the nets so there not much FA out there who are bigs, it will have to be a trade
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 03:36:08 pm »

Quote from: "tsbarbee2006"
read the post i jus wrote man, dats the issue

he's not gonna play 48 minutes, i'd rather have talent then refrain from it because you think he's gonna kill the tempo

steve
MVP

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 01:21:35 pm »

I'm guessing that (and I could be wrong because no actual numbers have been released) the Nets used their entire mid-level exception on Magloire, which he isn't worth at all.  He doesn't fit the Wizards system in the least which is why they never even considered pursuing him.

sagaliba
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "steve"
Quote from: "sagaliba"

I didn't watch the last game, but his stat line looked pretty good 26 and 14.  It's going to take him awhile to get his barings with the NBA, but he's got potential.  Also from most sources I've read it looks like McGuire's going to turn into a fairly decent player.

Pechorov did play better in 3rd and 4th games than his first two (he didn't play in the 5th). But his inside scoring was basically result of good passes and not of his post moves. I think he benefited from the fact that Miles is a pass-first point guard (and McGuire is a pretty good passer too). When playing with a score-first point guard like Gilbert, he would need to be able to hold off his defenders, which Songaila can do pretty well, but Pechorov seems have trouble doing. On defense he also have problem holding his position against stronger guys.

OTOH, he does have a longer range than Songaila and can drain 3pts.

BTW, I also think Miles can be the 3rd point guard of this team. He is a more natural point guard and can run the offense better than either Donell Taylor or Roger Mason.

Yeah, McGuire looks promising, handles the ball pretty well, athletic, versatile. I think he will get some minutes during the season.

Nick Young is obviously a scorer but sometimes his drives look wild. I am not sure he can be pressed into the 6th man role right away.

But this after all is just summer league. We will know more as the season starts.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: