Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer League Play  (Read 1235 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 09, 2007, 02:19:57 pm »

I have been watching the summer league webcast at  http://www.orlandomagic.com.  I have been impressed with some of the invites the Pacers have playing.

Rush is shooting well.  Nice stroke.

Graham looks impressive.  

Owens is exciting to watch at the point.  Quick on offense and defense.

Kilib Powell seems like he can play.  Could be a sleeper to make the team.

Williams isn't playing badly, but this is a tough test for him.  He is trying to guard some huge guys from the Bulls right now.  They could be prepping him to move to PF.

It is cool having some sort of Pacer game on the computer.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:49:18 pm »

Quote from: "olsons3"
I have been watching the summer league webcast at  http://www.orlandomagic.com.  I have been impressed with some of the invites the Pacers have playing.

Rush is shooting well.  Nice stroke.

Graham looks impressive.  

Owens is exciting to watch at the point.  Quick on offense and defense.

Kasib Powell seems like he can play.  Could be a sleeper to make the team.

Williams isn't playing badly, but this is a tough test for him.  He is trying to guard some huge guys from the Bulls right now.  They could be prepping him to move to PF.

It is cool having some sort of Pacer game on the computer.

Those are 4 guys to watch.  They looked real good in the second half.

Boom Baby!!!!
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:04 pm »

i'm looking forward to seeing all of them play.....when is the next webcast?
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:13:39 am »

# Tuesday, July 10 -  vs. Orlando, (approximately 5 p.m.)

# Wednesday, July 11 - vs. New Jersey (approximately 5 p.m.)

# Thursday, July 12 - vs. Miami, (approximately 7 p.m.)

# Friday, July 13 - vs. Charlotte (approximately 3 p.m.)

It is shot with a single camera, from one side mid-court.  The guys announcing the games are hilarious.  It is in the Magic's practice gym, which reminds me of a high school gym.  

There are a lot of fouls (10 per player), and the refs are also not all NBA refs, so the games are interesting.  

http://www.orlandomagic.com  

Follow the links on who is playing (3 games each day).  The games start at 3:00 and one after the other until they are finished each day.

Boom Baby!!!!
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 08:16:44 pm »

Williams showed a little muscle against the Nets.  Rush is is playing real well.  Stephen Graham is playing well.  Kasib Powell could make the team as it stands.

Andre Owens is really opening some eyes.  Very quick with the ball in his hands, makes pretty good decisions.  He also held Marcus Williams to 11 points.  

I say keep all four.

Boom Baby!!!!
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:25:23 am »

i agree with u, i wouldnt be opposed to keep all 4...it looks as though ownes and rush should be locks to make the team, buecause there both playing great and fit specific needs, i think as good as graham is playing idk know if he'll make the team due to roster situation, they already have williams and granger at the sf spot (and dunleavy sometimes)...can graham play SG as well....i guess it definitely wouldnt hurt the teams depth to keep all 4
olsons3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 04:00:37 pm »

I think they knew Baston was going to leave so they have been playing Williams at PF during summer league.  He has been doing an allright job banging bodies and moving down low.  

Graham looks like a true swingman (sg/sf) while Williams is a tweener forward (sf/pf).  I could see them using Williams at PF in a small JO based lineup.  Tinsley - Daniels - Granger - Willliams - Oneal

I think there is a spot for Graham.  He does well defending larger players, so he is versatile.  I also think the Pacers will make a major trade before the season begins involving Oneal, Dunleavey, Murphy, Daniels or Tinsley in some combination.

Boom Baby!!!!
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 04:05:54 pm »

it would be great if they could get rid of dunleavy or murphys contracts
naptown
Star

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 04:41:02 pm »

rush could spread the floor but what else
Pages: [1]   Go Up