Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Money?  (Read 6583 times)
sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 26, 2006, 09:20:13 pm »

When an NBA player is discovered to be a bust, or a high school or college star is never noticed by a team, he might go overseas to play for a Euro club.  But I wonder, if he is good, how does his pay compare with NBA salaries?  If some of you Euro fans could explain to me how the players get paid and how the teams' money works over in Europe and elsewhere, I would really appreciate it.

http://www.phonesherpa.com/home.aspx?af_id=011B430B8D
Ringtones for cheap-make them yourself-the first one is free!
Make sure you sign up today!!!
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:44:43 pm »

I don't know exactly about how much former-Nba players get paid, but you can be sure that the salaries are not even close to Nba's. For example, Trepagnier and Haislip played in Turkey this year and they got like 2 millions each for a year.  But that's high for Europe and Turkey standards. Average for a former-Nba player is probably around 2-3 millions, I guess, but an unknown American player can play for ur team for really small amount of money...

sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:36:35 pm »

So what does a big name guy get paid.  Say, for example, what did Jasikevicius get paid when he was at Maccabi.  Just for info, I think the NBA average is like 4 million and the minimum is about 4 hundred thousand.

G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 05:07:11 am »

When Jasikevicius was playing in Europe, he was the most expensive player. I guess, he got paid like 4-5 million a year. While he played for Barcelona in 2001, he got paid like 400.000 a year, but Maccabi paid a lot for him, he was paid the most money in Euroleague last year. He said something like he will take like the same amount of money in Pacers that he took in Maccabi.

hani
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 03:52:47 pm »

Quote from: G-Force
When Jasikevicius was playing in Europe, he was the most expensive player. I guess, he got paid like 4-5 million a year.

I believe you're wrong maccabi did'nt pay that mach money to saras
I don't know how much he was payed but it can't be a lot more then parker who was payed about 1.25 million a year.
Will-E
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:10:32 pm »

europe is not like the nba. teams can mostly plan for only one season. they´ve got to play a good season,to get their money from sponsors. if not,there won´t be enough money to hold the good players. and if so,they´ve got to plan new and sign those young,unexperienced (but also cheap for their services) players from the us to try accompish something in the season. a lot of contract last only one season. especially those of the young college players,which are coming every year. every year! and always new ones. it also goes down to the 2nd league. it seems you´ve got an neverending source of players there somewhere...
but most of them stay only one year,because ether they are really good and a better teams,which pays more pics them up or they want to go back to the us,for several reasons.
so because they only get one year contracts,the money can´t be too much. only the best in the 1st division here in germany earn about 1million. in the 2nd division,it´s hardly about 100,000€.
but most of those young guns play more for reputaion,to get known and maybe earn some more money the next year.
the team with the most money,often has one of the best rosters - unlike the nba...*ough...knicks....*
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:48:45 am »

Quote from: hani
Quote from: "G-Force"
When Jasikevicius was playing in Europe, he was the most expensive player. I guess, he got paid like 4-5 million a year.

I believe you're wrong maccabi did'nt pay that mach money to saras
I don't know how much he was payed but it can't be a lot more then parker who was payed about 1.25 million a year.

If you're from Israel, you should know about Maccabi better than me, I just assumed that because I knew Saras was one of the most paid players in Europe. I know in Turkey, the best players are paid like 2 million Euros per year.  A
 Also Will-E is right, every year, teams in Europe get American players that no one has heard before. They graduate from college and come to Europe to play, always new and different players like he said, every American stays for a year in every team...

saleem
Starter

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 04:58:57 am »

It would make sense to state whether the figures being quoted are in dollars, euros, sheckels, or lira.  Just a suggestion.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 09:44:32 pm »

Well, I am from the United States and I don't use shekels or lira.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 12:51:49 pm »

Quote from: "sixers76_ai3"
Well, I am from the United States and I don't use shekels or lira.
True, but you addressed the topic to members in the international forum. So, if they give an answer on how much their players are being paid vs. NBA players, maybe we should know the currency? Yes?

sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:03 pm »

They seemed to understand well enough-they said the Euros then the equivalent in dollars.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 03:41:26 am »

Hey, It was just a suggestion.

sixers76_ai3
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 05:16:26 pm »

Ok, Ok.  No problem.  I think everyone pretty much understood the discussion.  No big deal.

tpodst
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 03:41:05 am »

Hey!
In Europe, only the best players get more than 1$ million for season and there is maybe 10 players in Euroleague that are paid 2$ million or more.
The average players in Euroleague get about 300.000 $.

BUT, IN SOME COUNTRIES THE LIFE IS NOT AS EXPENSIVE AS IN USA AND YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT IN EUROPE TEAMS ARE PLAYING TAXES
AND NOT PLAYERS!

AT THE AND IT IS NOT SO BIG DIFFERENCE AS IT SEEMS!

For underavarage  player is more lucrative to play in EUROPE!!! (Under average players = benchwormers).

But Europeanteams don t have money for the biggest stars from NBA.
Euroleague teams have about 15$ millions per year FOR ALL PLAYERS!
tpodst
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 03:41:53 am »

And Sharas get less then 1$ million in maccabi!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: