Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TELL ME ABOUT JOHN SALMONS  (Read 2567 times)
BUCK
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 27, 2006, 10:02:33 am »

I've heard all sorts opinions about Salmons. Some have indicated that he has tremendous potential and others have said he is a project. Hopefully, someone who has an eye for talent can give me the real scoop.  Why is he leaving Philly?  Is he a good guy and a good teammate.  Does he work and play hard.  Does he have the skills to play point guard.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.  If you ever need an opinion about a player out here, I'll be glad to help if I can.  Good luck to 76ers --We still cheer for Chris W. and want him to put up good numbers.  

Buck (Aspen)
BoomBapRecords
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:31:23 pm »

he's an ***

signed

toronto
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:48:52 pm »

I don't think he can be a decent starter fulltime
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:31 pm »

John Salmons is a young and talented player. He does many things well, namely playing defense. He wont need to play a huge role for the Kings, as they will have Kevin Martin starting and Francisco Garcia also playing the same 3 spots that Salmons plays. I would expect him to get 12-15 minutes a game, and be very productive in those minutes. Despite his lack of minutes, he actually might start alongside Ron Artest. Either that, or he will back up Artest so these two only have to defend one person.
BarrSpin
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 06:46:42 pm »

I think he has potential...he just needed a change of scenery.

HoopsHype
Administrator
Journeyman

Respect: -11

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:02:45 am »

It's a Petrie move, so you have to give him a vote of confidence if only for that. But the truth is I was stunned he would get a contract like that.
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:08:39 am »

hes a good all-round player can do a bit of everything but not a superstar
Court_visioN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 07:41:19 pm »

John Salmons... let's see here. He's a 6'7" combo guard who can play the 1, the 2, and the 3. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective, which explains why he wasn't in Philly. His defense is in my opinion worse than Korver's at times because most of the time he doesn't really put forth the effort... Korver, if you remember, actually played Kobe Bryant pretty well on a couple possessions when he and Iguodala were switched off.

Salmons cannot go left, which caused his numbers to go down dramatically after the first month or so of the season. So if the Kings can get November's version of Salmons they'll have a pretty deep backcourt. Unfortunately, the rest of the league knows he can't drive left - only he thinks he can. If he goes left, look for him to spin back to the right.

Salmons' shot is also the most blocked in the league (check out 82games.com) and he constantly travels and turns the ball over at the worst times. See the game against Atlanta, which Iverson scored 53 in. Salmons had a hand in 5 of the last 6 possessions, 2 missed jumpers, 2 turnovers, and a missed layup. In the one shot Iverson took in that stretch (when the game was pretty much wrapped up) he nailed a short shot.

In short, Salmons is a mediocre player, a solid guy off the bench that didn't reach his potential with the Sixers. He's not overly athletic, but he can run and jump. His jumper is suspect.

All this is what Johnny showed while with the Sixers, Kings fans can only hope that Salmons really just needed a change of scenery, because THIS version of salmons didn't deserve the MLE deal he got.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 02:30:05 am »

he ain't in philly i'll tell u that

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: