Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SPURS TRADE WITH ROCKETS!  (Read 3918 times)
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« on: July 12, 2007, 07:41:16 pm »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA071207.WEBspurstrade.en.6be36230.html

jackie butler, the rights to luis scola

for

vassilis spanoulis and future picks/cash

was scola ever going to come over? both sides seemed a bit apprehensive on money/playing time

if spanoulis stays, thats great, with a team like the spurs, he'll be able to do what he did to Team USA on a nightly basis

if he doesn't stay, then they just dumped jackie butler on the rockets

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
td21
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 05:49:46 am »

well we do lose talent in scola but he wasn't coming over anytime soon anyway. i'm glad to see the core is coming back but the whole section about bonner is interesting, i look forward to see what he will do this season. basically we just get rid of a non used big man and free up some money since spanoulis is staying in euro, good moves overall but this whole bonner thing is a little bit of a risk if you asked me. Cool
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:45 pm »

this was a good trade that gives the rockets some help at their weakest position pf, thank you SA

td21
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:14:27 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
this was a good trade that gives the rockets some help at their weakest position pf, thank you SA

yeah ya'll could use it but i don't know how much butler can help. :lol:
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:33:24 pm »

This trade is a sheet but real *** sheet. why dont we trade td manu and parker in exchage for popcorns. *** unveliable  scola is much better  than 90% of the pf of this league. But as he didnt play in the nba you just dont see it. Well hope he gets in houston what he deserves and we will regret about this decision.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 06:25:52 pm »

Quote from: "manu/chapu"
This trade is a sheet but real ***** sheet. why dont we trade td manu and parker in exchage for popcorns. ***** unveliable  scola is much better  than 90% of the pf of this league. But as he didnt play in the nba you just dont see it. Well hope he gets in houston what he deserves and we will regret about this decision.

:roll:
Are you sure?

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
td21
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:42:42 pm »

This trade is a sheet but real ***** sheet. why dont we trade td manu and parker in exchage for popcorns. ***** unveliable  scola is much better  than 90% of the pf of this league. But as he didnt play in the nba you just dont see it. Well hope he gets in houston what he deserves and we will regret about this decision.

i figured you say something like this if you saw it and the part about his talent and all, i agree. Cool
Netstar882211
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:58:16 pm »

butler was soooooo overpaid

manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 07:02:10 pm »

Quote from: "lil_flip_remix"

Are you sure?

time will tell............(but yes im sure)
scola is much better  than 90% of the pf of this league.
i will make a full list of pf in the nba and compare them with luis.
legenderypete
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 07:20:53 pm »

scola is great in the acb i think he will be a good player in the nba but he hasnt proved himself there so no tellin how good he will be.

Plus No te pido que me Traigas flores , you flamin pansy
td21
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 07:22:24 pm »

Quote from: "lil_flip_remix"

Are you sure?

time will tell............(but yes im sure)
scola is much better  than 90% of the pf of this league.
i will make a full list of pf in the nba and compare them with luis.

now i'm looking forward to that, simply put  Cool
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 09:41:39 am »

well i would do it but if i tell you scola is better tha al jefferson for example you probably wouldnt believe me.Even more i cant prove it to you.what i mean saying that was that he is as good or better that any starter in the league.Look i will do it anyway but its very hard to give reason apart of i have seen them both and thats what i think. I you want statistics or achivements it will be hard because as eveyone know europe isnt the nba or if i told you that  he averages 15 ppg in his career you would thnk that he is an average player as much, but the scoring leaders in europe dont score much more than that so your conclusion wouldn be right.

i think that there are groups of players
franchise:kg-td-dirk
all stars:for example gasol, boozer, al harrington, bosh, jamison
average or good starters: for example odom,al jefferson( but he will be very soon an all star or even he can became a franchise player), randolph( because of his attitude)
below average but not bad players:zaza, troy murphy, kurt thomas, joe smith
the rest:pj brown( there is nothing in the tank)philadelphia(who will play there ?), new orleans, houston, chandler

i would put scola in the all star gruop but its probable that in his first year he will be in the average.Oberto would be in below average and elson in the rest.
and there is a detail that you havent take into account.We are needing inside scoring.....not bosh because we have td...but someone that can gave tim some help.....the thing is you didnt believe in manu when he arrived so you wont trust in luis.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 10:02:25 am »

HE HASN'T PLAYED AN NBA GAME!

Soon....
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 10:06:53 am »

I SAID THAT IT WAS JUST AN OPINION.MANU HASNT NEITHER WHEN HE REACHED THE NBA AND NOW HE IS ONE OF THE BEST SG (PLEASE DONT MAKE ANOTHER THREAD OF THIS ONE)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 10:11:02 am »

So don't you think it's a little far-fetched to say he's better than 90% of the PF's in the league?

Soon....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: