Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rebuilding  (Read 1388 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« on: July 16, 2007, 10:44:27 am »

i know you guys are holding out hope for a superstar in return for o'neal.  its not very likely to happen though.  i don't think any superstar wants to go into a rebuilding situation.  

you should be happy for an expiring contract and a future-franchise center...after all they're rebuilding.

i still think Bynum/Kwame's expiring contract/ and maybe Farmar or Radmanovic is the deal you guys will except.  

i'm opposed to giving up both of our 7 footers for J.O., but if it gets us further in the playoffs so be it.  O'neal is simply too injury prone to give both Odom and Bynum.  If we did give you guys Odom, you'd probably trade him again before the season starts because he doesn't want to play in a rebuilding situation.

Don't get your hopes up about sending Tinsley in the deal either...if Tinsley came to the Lakers he'd be 3rd or 4th string PG.  Fisher will start, Crittenton will back him up...then Tinsley would have to fight Farmar for that 3rd string role.

Tinsley just doesn't fit the triangle whatsoever

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
nsloan23
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:33:11 pm »

the thing u have to realize is that the pacers have a history of being the only team that refuses to tear everything down and build up from the bottom, they just work with what they have and make suttle changes to teams that seem to need a lot more and they've been successfull with that strategy for the past 20 years... so if they dont get exactly what they want for a player then they wont trade him they wont just settle for something that works(unless they are in the Artest situation again)...So if a team really wants JO then they'll have to give indiana exactly what they want or else the team will be perfectly satisfied working with what they have, which does worry me a little but that strategy has worked for 20 years so why change it now
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »

if they can trade o'neal then they can start rebuildin, they wont be able to rebuild really with him in the team
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:55:33 pm »

I really don't think O'neal will be the 1st all star to be dangled on the trading block publicly and return to the team that was shopping him.  The guy has to have some ego, plus hes already bought a home in los angeles.

Then today it comes out that Thorn rejected a Jefferson/Krstic/Collins deal that would have sent O'neal to NJ.  How many more public rejections before O'neal says send me to l.a....then leverage is shot because what are they gonna do?  Let O'neal sit on the bench and collect 19 mill?

O'neal is leaving the door open for Indy to get some pieces in return, but him staying in Indy another year is out of the question.  If rebuilding is the plan, the Pacers should want O'neal out and O'neal should want and does want to go to a contending team.  Or a team he can make a contender by teaming up with another star...a la Lakers.

I'd rather Bynum just work on his game and become most improved player next year for the Lakers.  It just seems like an O'neal deal is immanent.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:44:15 pm »

Quote from: "Laker Royalty"
I really don't think O'neal will be the 1st all star to be dangled on the trading block publicly and return to the team that was shopping him.  The guy has to have some ego, plus hes already bought a home in los angeles.

Then today it comes out that Thorn rejected a Jefferson/Krstic/Collins deal that would have sent O'neal to NJ.  How many more public rejections before O'neal says send me to l.a....then leverage is shot because what are they gonna do?  Let O'neal sit on the bench and collect 19 mill?

O'neal is leaving the door open for Indy to get some pieces in return, but him staying in Indy another year is out of the question.  If rebuilding is the plan, the Pacers should want O'neal out and O'neal should want and does want to go to a contending team.  Or a team he can make a contender by teaming up with another star...a la Lakers.

I'd rather Bynum just work on his game and become most improved player next year for the Lakers.  It just seems like an O'neal deal is immanent.

But rebuilding might not be the plan, obviously they arent going to contend yet, but like a said earlier the pacers have a very long history of not rebuilding and just adding peices even when it seems like they need to rebuild they dont and its been sucsessful so theres a very good chance that rebuiding is not the plan

O'neal has said publicly many times that he will not demand to be traded under any circumstances...He said he wont demand to be traded becuase he is to thankfull to the pacers. He said that if the team plans on rebuilding it would be best for him to be traded but he also said that he wouldnt handicap the franchise and unless they find a deal that makes the pacers better he'll gladly stay with the team. And also the pacers are keeping him informed on all potential trades involving him and the rest of the team so its not like he's reading the rumors and is upset about them, becuase chances are he's already been informed about any offers, if it has any truth to it.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:50:40 pm »

the pacers have loads of bad contracts which will make any rebuilding process tough.
naptown
Star

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 04:38:21 pm »

Quote from: "sportsnut"
the pacers have loads of bad contracts which will make any rebuilding process tough.
exactly so work with what u got. They need better coaching
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: