Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers sign Travis Diener  (Read 2794 times)
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« on: July 19, 2007, 12:10:32 pm »

The Indy Star is reporting that the Pacers have agreed to a 3-year deal with former Marquette star Travis Diener.  Good signing?
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 12:44:15 pm »

good signing, i believe.  tinsley better watch his back....he might get hurt and never get his spot back.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:49:15 pm »

Cooler yet, is we went to the same high school.  Granted, I graduated the year he was born, but cool none the less.

Boom Baby!!!!
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »

Quote from: "Laker Royalty"
good signing, i believe.  tinsley better watch his back....he might get hurt and never get his spot back.

not so sure he has to watch his back because diener is unproven, i doubt they'll hand over the team to him, i mean they let AJ go and he proved he could handle the starting role.
legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 02:28:16 pm »

Travis is a pretty good passer and a decent spot up shooter, nothin spectacular but he is a solid player and dosent force things. He gets his chance to play at the pacers
maryjanecapri
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:08:26 pm »

i liked watching him at marquette. he's a solid shooter. his stats weren't too good last season but i would venture a guess that is because he didn't get much of a chance. but he will this year. tinsley will last about a month before he's down with an injury. once that happens diener will start.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:48 pm »

i was hoping to get him last year when scouts thought he was very impressive in summer league.
but stuck behind Nelson and Arroyo isnty easy for anybody to show potential.
if we dont find anymore pgs, he could get decent mins to prove if he can play in the NBA.
we need some luck... hopfully hes a surpirse of 08.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
i was hoping to get him last year when scouts thought he was very impressive in summer league.
if we dont find anymore pgs, he could get decent mins to prove if he can play in the NBA.

i'd be happy with anyone new at this point.  our pg play has been horrible since tinsley got here.  (except maybe his rookie yr when he did show some promise)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 01:10:47 am »

Quote from: "sportsnut"
Quote from: "Bball Unit"

i'd be happy with anyone new at this point.  our pg play has been horrible since tinsley got here.  (except maybe his rookie yr when he did show some promise)

mind you now that rockets have 6 pgs, i wouldnt minded swinging a trade to give them a PF like Murphy for Luther Head kind of trade.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 09:52:00 am »

He could be another Anthony Johnson/Erick Strickland type signing, he could really surprise people IMO.  He is like a young poor man's Steve Nash with his style of play.
Mr_Reed
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 07:00:58 am »

If he gets good minutes he could well average 3-6 ast per ballgame don't
expect him to get points often although I think he'll average 4-8 points.All and all descent signing but how much did they sign him for?
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 09:02:53 am »

08: 1.5m
09: 2.3m
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 10:07:12 pm »

sounds like a good signing to me, hopefully this kid gets a chance because he has the potential to put it together

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: