Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will the chemistry improve this year  (Voting closed: September 12, 2006, 09:04:11 am)
Yes, it will improve - 5 (71.4%)
Same as last year - 1 (14.3%)
NO, it will be worse - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chemistry: Will it improve???  (Read 1230 times)
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 29, 2006, 09:04:11 am »

While I like the moves being made, I don't think any of these moves will help the chemistry issues.  I think our chemistry is still going to be a problem because of 2 specific players and possibly 1 more.

1.  Jermaine Oneal - The teams bonus baby and allstar.  He has missed alot of games the last couple of years.  You can't be the goto guy when you are constantly hurt.  The other thing is his constant whining at refs, and the affect that this has on other players.  David Harrison, and Stephen Jackson seem to whine alot themselves when JO is part of the game, but they seem completely different when JO was out injured.  I can't tell if wee were better with or without him last year.

2.  Jamal Tinsley - Nobody doubts that he has skills, but skills that don't make it to the game are useless.  Again here is a guy who is supposed to lead the team on the floor, where he has been less than 60% of the time the past 3 seasons.  How can you create a good chemistry on the floor when the guy who directs the team isn't there half the time.  Here is another guy who likes to whine.

I see alot of whining at refs coming, and Al Harrington coming here adds yet another.  Some of the moves I like, but the problems are still here, and in my opinion we are going to add to them.

Chemistry will be worse.

Boom Baby!!!!
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:19:20 am »

It will be better. That's why Darrell Armstrong was brought in - he can single-handedly bring a team together - he's a guy that all of these players will respect. Since he's almost 40, he's been around long enough that he can relate to each individual player on the roster.

A guy like him is crucial to any team. The Pacers haven't had that since Mark Jackson left.
Ironman
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 12:45:47 pm »

I agree with 31 I hope he becomes one of the pacer's coach assistants next year.  The players respect him and he could be the buffer zone between the players and coaches which we were really lacking last year.

I just hope Rick becomes tough on his players I dont wanna see anymore whining to refs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: