Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Tyson Chandler, 'Bye Brown and J.R. Smith  (Read 3875 times)
nguyenpeter
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 05, 2006, 03:31:35 pm »

The trade has been verbally accepted. Good for both teams. New Orleans now have a athletic center and Bulls freed up some cash for Ben Wallace.
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:50:13 pm »

The Hornets have done the best of any team this early in the offseason. Desmond Mason moves to his natural SG position. Peja Stojakovic gives the Hornets another big man and 3 point shooting they desperately need. David West had breakout year. Chris Paul is the PG of the future.

Tyson Chandler
David West
Peja Stojakovic
Desmond Mason
Chris Paul

playoff material
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:23:15 pm »

Well, yeah, of course you'd have to discount the Bulls getting Ben Wallace and everyone thinking they've become a legitimate championship contender.  But sure the Hornets did super.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
Nithenz
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:14 am »

I dont know where the super part is, worst thing is Brown is gone, second, everybody is talking bout the big money spent o get peja, but chandler had a $60 millon for six years, 54M left to the next 5 years. THATS OVERPAID. we could shop JR for Ariza and get the same contribution as chandler could give. He is a total flop, draft project, taken n° 2 overall, exchanged for Elton B. and he never lived up to the expectations. eigther H. Armstrong  or simmoms could make the same impact. Ariza could be better than baby chandler.
cucumberjones
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:15:14 pm »

Peja, Chandler, and Bobby Jackson were all excellent additiond, but two of them are both overpaid. I know the Hornets wanted to get rid of JR Smith, but PJ Brown was one of the few veterans on the team. I think they'll still make the playoffs next year, maybe as an 8 seed.

I still think the Bulls have done better this offseason.
amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:34:48 am »

Awesome starting 5. Even as a suns fan I am very excited for the hornets next season.

Chi-Town Ballers
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 01:18:24 pm »

Quote from: "Kilogram"
The Hornets have done the best of any team this early in the offseason. Desmond Mason moves to his natural SG position. Peja Stojakovic gives the Hornets another big man and 3 point shooting they desperately need. David West had breakout year. Chris Paul is the PG of the future.

Tyson Chandler
David West
Peja Stojakovic
Desmond Mason
Chris Paul

playoff material

Are kiddin??? Hornets might squeek by getting the 8th seed if there lucky. How can you over look the BULLS off season moves???
Something-To-Say
Starter

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 05:59:27 pm »

As a Suns fan, I obviously hope the Suns can get Paul from you after his rookie 'tract. But I also say that the Hornets are a team with a world of upside.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: